The VEGAMIP is a non-contact level switch consisting of a separate microwave emitter and receiver. Signals are emitted at a frequency of 24 GHZ, and are focused by an appropriate antenna system to the receiver. The switching command is determined through signal damping and can be adjusted to specific process conditions or buildup. Because microwaves can penetrate non-conductive materials, the VEGAMIP is ideal for making non-intrusive measurements on plastic vessels, or through appropriate non-conductive window materials on metallic vessels or chutes. Additionally, mounting adapters are available that will increase its temperature specification.
The VEGAMIP system can also be used for object monitoring. Since microwaves are not influenced by dust, rain, or fog, the VEGAMIP is an ideal sensor for applications needing position detection or collision avoidance. The VEGAMIP can monitor at distances up to 100 m.
- Non-contact measurement
- Wear and maintenance-free
- Simple sensitivity adjustment
- Compatible with plastic vessels
- Unaffected by dust and changing product properties
- Key Specifications
- 14.5 to 58 psi (-1 to 4 bar) operating pressure
- 40˚ to 176˚F (-40˚ to 80˚C) operating temperature with standard antenna systems
- 40˚ to 842˚F (-40˚ to 450˚C) operating temperature with appropriate mounting adapters